Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our latest adventure didn't take us very far from home. And that's unusual for us. I am most often someone that drives way too much. I mean can't I find anything close by? Well, I was a little proud of myself that for once I had found something close by. When we did our volunteer day, I signed us up to help at a school right here in Lakeside. And that's when we first heard about the international fair. We were helping to set it up. Katie decided that we had to come back the next day and enjoy the fair. Well Daddy didn't really want to but he gave in. I am beginning to suspect he's a softie ;). I was worried it was going to be crazy expensive but it really wasn't. The kids each got their face painted and that was free. We waited for an hour in line but it was still worth it.We got some shaved ice after that. It was pretty yummy on that hot day after standing in the sun in that long face painting line. The kids got to play games to earn tickets for the various international crafts. And then they got to go to a prize room and get loaded down with prizes with their left over tickets.
Before the vendors packed up I was able to get Katie on of those pretty ribbon crowns. And the boys got these really cool finger lights. I wasn't sure they would work but they actually do. It is like a little flashlight on a band for each of your fingers. The lights are nice and bright. The boys loved them.
Before we left we let the kids play on the playground. The booths started getting rid of their food so we got free pickles and hot dogs. It was fun and the kids had a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment