Saturday, March 6, 2010

All Aboard!


Hello and welcome to my life which is quite extraordinary if you ask me! If you saw me on the street you may or may not notice that you were witnessing an adventure in the making. You may just see a young looking mom and three rambunctious kids, but every person has a story to tell, you just have to look a little closer.
Remember reading or watching the Magic school bus? My family is the real life version. Excited yet? I am! We are always on some sort of crazy adventure even if its just grocery shopping. And every step we take is a divine mission from the Lord. We never know just where Jesus will lead us every day.
Today was a very nice day! My sisters pampered me. They were the greatest in the kingdom today by being servants. April literally washed my feet as she gave me a pedicure and manicure. Kristina made delicious cinnamon roll crisps and yummy brownie bites(er...frisbees..hee hee). And mom made me a delicious mocha! Sooo good!
So the white mini van dropped me off for pampering and picked grandpa up. Grandpa, daddy, Katie, Brian, and Matthew were off for an exciting adventure at the desert tower. It was the first visit there for them. I haven't been there in years. Well I guess I was there once when Katie was a baby. And before that it had been another couple of years. Now of coarse for my family it was not just a visit to walk around and look but an adventure of exploring and rock climbing(even jumping I heard. Yikes!).
The first adventure was for grandpa, climbing into the van. You never know what you may find or what may fall out when you open the door. But I made sure Tim threw away the old tomato(light blush across my cheeks). We are trying to be better about keeping the van clean and ready for adventure but we are still working on that one. There are many things one accumulates with three kids when out and about!
The first stop was looking at turtles, dogs, and birds. The five of them then climbed up to the top of the tower. Katie said, "we thought it would go on forever." At the top there were wooden steps that you, yes, do more climbing and then get to look around. The wind was so strong and cold that Katie's hands went numb. Matthew got a little nervous and pulled Daddy back down. Katie and Grandpa enjoyed just hanging out and checking out the view.
Grandpa then announced that they were going to go explore the rocks. Katie said, "really?" She thought he was joking! The sign told them that if they went further they were risking there lives. Leave it to daddy and grandpa for a real adventure! The sign was warning them that if they got into trouble no one would be around to help them. Katie decided she was going to be really careful.
The kids were delighted to find that the rocks were shaped and painted to resemble various things such as an eagle, monster, alligator, Native American, turtle, lion, fish and whale. They ran around, on, and through the rocks.
All of the sudden grandpa called out, "try to find me!" Grandpa was hiding on top of the monster shaped rock and his laugh echoed eerily through the gap in the rocks. They found grandpa and he lifted them way up high to the top of the rock with him. It was the highest rock there of coarse. The wind was beating against them and they thought it would push them over!
They then had to jump from grandpa's arms to the next rock where daddy was waiting to catch them as they were exploring the many rocks. If I had been there I would have been holding my breath quite a bit. That is just something I do when nervous I guess.
Katie was on the lookout for a mountain lion but happily never saw any.
They found a rock that resembled a slide so of coarse it was asking to be slid down and that was exactly what they did.
They even stumbled upon some red rusty water. Hmmm... good thing no one decided to get wet.
Katie especially loved the big cave like openings with ladders into them.
After much exploration they headed back to the infamous mini van of adventure. Before picking me up they stopped at the general store for cones. Another adventure completed!

1 comment: